- The Zadge needs the Presidential Campaign to be over. OVER! See, she lives in a Swing State (no, not a Swingers’ State, Hulk) and is utterly inundated with obnoxious TV ads. Nonstop. Which may explain why the Zadge — an admitted and proud TV watcher – stopped watching TV three months ago (except for the Today Show, the Olympics and NFL football).
- And since she has stopped watching TV in the evenings, she has found herself so much more productive. She can now strum John Denver’s “Country Roads” and half of Fleetwood Mac’s “Landslide”, in addition to the crowd favorite “Horse With No Name.” Contact her agent if you want to book her for any gigs.
- Although she admits that when one stops watching television, one feels very left out of pop culture. To the extent that one can, when one, ahem, checks TMZ three times a day.
- Dog tag courtesy of the Zadge’s Sista from Another Mista, Cupcake Murphy. If Mitt the Twit Romney wins this election, the Zadge may well move to Canada. No, make that Italy.
- With all her non-TV free time, the Zadge has been reading more. She confesses that, despite all the fave reviews, she gave up on this book halfway through:
- Just didn’t grab the Zadge. So in search of a book that could, she hit her favorite bookstore at lunch today. This is what she picked up:She had heard about the first two books, but not the third which was written 70 years ago. She found some blog (can’t remember now which one) that recommended it as one of the best books the blogger had read, so the Zadge checked it out on Amazon and found almost 100% 5 star ratings. And ole Ernie Hemingway gives it huge praise on the back cover, so the Zadge figures it has to be worth a read.
- Any suggestions for other good reads?
- And finally, the Zadge’s beloved Number One Fake Boyfriend and his band announced this week that they will be performing four 50th Anniversary shows, two in London in November and two in Newark, New Jersey (WTF?) on December 13 and 15.
- The Zadge must MUST MUST get tickets to the Jersey show. They go on sale next week. They cost $750. Yes, $750. The Zadge does not care, she MUST get a ticket. She doubts that she’ll be able to score one simply by trying to log onto Ticketmaster at the appointed hour. Anyone have any ideas how she can score a ticket. THIS IS KEEF, MY PEEPS! KEEF! And anyone who can get her a backstage pass gets Harry as a gift.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized
. Bookmark the permalink