- This is what the back of the Zadge’s house looks like right now:
Yes, starting tomorrow. Old Vicky is getting a face lift. If only her owner could get one as well.
- See that sage green-gray on the left? That’s the color of Old Vicky’s new face, Benjamin Moore’s “Nantucket Gray” (her singled gables will be a lighter version of the same color). Her trim will be the creamy white to the right of the swatch, Ben’s “Sailcloth”, and the accents will be a soft black, “Iron Mountain,” (underneath the swatch) with a glossy black door. The Zadge has both of the Benjamin Moore color fans memorized at this point, so let her know if you have any color questions.
- This is what is happening in the Zadge’s front yard:
Mystery Tulips. See, the Zadge planted hundreds of her favorite flower last fall in the bed in front of her house. Not that she has a Tempur-pedic just lying around for the homeless people to use. No, her flower bed. See that brick border to the left of the photo? She planted the bulbs behind that. But today, with the warm spring weather, the Zadge discovered that random tulips were popping up all over her lawn. Okay, so it’s really more like barely surviving scrub grass, but whatev. Look at all those wild tulips! It can’t be the squirrels, can it?
- Oh, and look who has ESP and just popped right up on the Zadge’s lap as she was typing about Mysterious Tulips, ole Two Lips herself!
- And speaking of the various critters and little people in the Zadge’s life, the Zadge took Lizzie out to brunch Sunday and then they hit the dog park :
Yes, the Zadge should have had braces as a child, but didn’t, dammit. Anyhoo, they were celebrating Lizzie’s excellent report card, wherein she got six “4s” (the highest you can get). She had never achieved a 4 before. Knowing the teachers rarely gave out 4′s, the Zadge promised Lizzie at her last report card that she would give her $5 for every 4 she got next time. The Zadge is now happily out $30.
- Despite her sudden wealth, Lizzie refused to pay for brunch.
- You all have overwhelmingly agreed with the Zadge NOT to give the Rancher/Vet/Private Plane dude a second chance. The Zadge feels like she won this dating battle. She is ignoring the fact that, in order to NOT give him a second chance, he would have had to actually CALLED our Intrepid Spinster in order for her to shoot him down.
- Oh, AND IT WAS NOT A NAPKIN SHOVED INTO MY PINK T-SHIRT! It was a ruffle from the white tank top underneath. Sheesh.
- Some of you have inquired about the date the Zadge’s doctor prescribed for her. After exchanging some voicemails, Prescription Date sent the Zadge a text on the night Harry went into the hospital saying he had plans for dinner that night and couldn’t talk. The Zadge responded, “No problem, awful night for me – just had to put my dog in the hospital.” He called anyway two hours later and the Zadge did not answer because she was SOBBING and BLUBBERY and DISTRAUGHT. And then she basically forgot about him until one of you kind readers inquired. That’s the end of that story.
- The Zadge did some shopping this weekend. For clothes, which she will discuss next time, and for a new dog. She studied Petfinder.com, checked all the rescue leagues, and found a great Lab breeder who will be having a new litter in June. And she went to the local shelter to check out what they had. Lots of little yappy dogs, and really old dogs. And lots and lots of cats:The Zadge felt sad for all these cats, and briefly thought about picking up an extra cat while she was looking for another dog. Then she came to her senses.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized
. Bookmark the permalink